Our Mission, Our Story
How We Are Different
FirstCarolinaCare Insurance Company gives the member the freedom to choose their physician/provider each time they need care for a covered service. The FirstCarolinaCare Insurance Company member can see a network primary care provider, or they can see an out-of-network provider and pay out-of-pocket with the amount applied toward the deductible.
- To fulfill a community's need for affordable, quality coverage options.
- To assure effective local medical management of clinical decisions that maintains local physician/provider control over medical decisions.
- To improve the level of member, physician/provider and employer understanding of medical management through educational programs and communications.
- To manage administrative costs efficiently.
- To meet member service standards that place FirstCarolinaCare Insurance Company in the top quarter of managed-care organizations in the state.
- To develop user-friendly internet technology applications to improve services to members, employers and physicians/providers.
What is Medical Management?
FirstCarolinaCare Insurance Company’s medical management is driven by primary care providers with local physician/provider oversight. FirstCarolinaCare Insurance Company focuses on wellness and prevention.
How Quickly are Claims Processed?
Our goal is to pay 70% of claims in 14 or fewer days and 100% of claims within 30 days. On average, 85% of our claims are processed in 14 or fewer days.